BECOME A BIOSPHERE COMMUNICATOR
Communication is essential to increase awareness of sustainability issues. Through communication, civil society and the media can ensure that tourism is understood as a system whose variables must be combined thinking of strengthening sustainable development.
Communication plays a crucial role in the development of sustainable tourism strategies and projects. It contributes to the creation and sharing of experiences and helps to share information. In addition, communication helps raise awareness about responsible tourism and persuades stakeholders that sustainable practices ultimately benefit their interests.
THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE TOURIST COMMUNICATOR?
The Internet is a unique tool for exchanging tourist experiences without the need for an intermediary that alters the information. In an interconnected world where anyone can create their own communication channel, users have become people whose recommendations have a market value.
From RTI we want to promote the dialogue on sustainability and help the voices that defend it go further. We want to help increase the market value of sustainability, as well as to contribute to keeping alive the good practices associated with responsible tourism and to prolong the commitment to sustainable development, favoring the development of the Biosphere Circle.
WHAT DOES MEAN TO BE A COMMUNICATION MEDIA CERTIFIED BY BIOSPHERE?
The travel and tourism media are one of the most important vehicles in tourism marketing, and a key way to reach the final consumer and transmit a sustainable message. That is why we work to recognize those who give voice to sustainable activities, companies or destinations.
The Biosphere certification for media serves to ensure that they act to raise awareness about tourism sustainability while helping consumers to choose responsible and sustainable products in a preferential manner.
WHAT IS A BIOSPHERE AMBASSADOR?
The communication of sustainable tourism has to be carried out at all levels between the different stakeholders. It is essential, therefore, that there are certain actors that can communicate sustainability better, through a language and a narrative. In that sense, a Biosphere Ambassador is that person who:
- Helps tourism businesses that are adopting appropriate sustainability principles and relevant standards to be rewarded with greater visibility and recognition of demand.
- Helps to create better links between big tourism operators, local communities and small and medium enterprises to develop mutually beneficial alliances.
- Helps to explain, promote, and publicize those destinations, companies and tourism experiences committed to sustainability.
- Helps to promote among travelers a responsible and more enriching attitude of their traveling experience.
- Helps tourist destinations, companies and consumers to understand and adopt relevant sustainability standards and practices (certifications, guidelines, good practices, fair trade, relationships and community outreach, etc.)