Reasons to participate in the International Summit : Cultural Sustainable Destinations without Borders
Reflect and contribute to the definition of the concept "Tourism / Alternative Destination"
Contribute to the discussion of a common policy directed at alternative destinations that considers:
- The creation of an action paradigm focused on the balance of attractiveness (tourist perspective) versus competitiveness (destination perspective) of alternative tourist destinations.
- The creation / adaptation of mechanisms for the safeguarding of existing assets, including their communities, in order to moderate the emergence of abusive gentrification processes and, consequently, the loss of the identity of the places.
- Tourism to be the genuine catalyst for growth and development of alternative tourism destinations, from a territorial cohesion perspective.
- Border demystification as an entropy factor for territory growth and development.
- The existence of a multi-sectoral and multi-dimensional policy to the detriment of a specific and casuistic action;
- A real concern towards the integration of communities in the decision-making process. People are the true essence of places;
- A multi-fund approach in the funding plan anchored to strategies that consider the essence of the alternative destination and its long-term sustainability.
Discovering a destination - Historical Villages of Portugal - which in fact are 12 destinations: in addition to Idanha-a-Velha, the Historical Villages of Almeida, Belmonte, Castelo Mendo, Castelo Novo, Castelo Rodrigo, Linhares da Beira, Marialva, Monsanto, Piódão, Sortelha and Trancoso.
Discover the extraordinary and rich historical heritage of the Historical Villages of Portugal.
Get to know the extraordinary immaterial patrimony of the Historical Villages of Portugal, its people and stories.